Project: Proposal for the reorganization of the Harbour of Palma and the Maritime Museum Authors: Marta Colón, Juan Palencia Collaborators: Tonina March, Nelson Manuel Fidalgo Magro, Gullem Aloy, Noelia Ruano (engineer), Drama Estudio (renders) Status: Competition - 2nd Prize
The sea is my land The competition aims to answer the question of how to open the city of Palma to sea through the following actions:
1. Connecting the Paseo Marítimo with the study area, giving continuity to the pedestrian and bicycle routes, integrating into the Paseo and giving value to the building of the San Telmo Oratory, and reducing surface parking to a minimum.
2. Creating a new pedestrian square between the Lonja and the new Maritime Museum, connecting the Oratory and the Paseo Marítimo with the sea.
3. Opening the Fishermen's Quay to the public & Transform the Lonja into a space open to the city, with uses compatible with those of auction, enabling a public programme in the building such as the direct sale of fresh fish and a rooftop terrace with different gastronomic offerings.
4. Introducing the new Maritime Museum in the current facilities of the Shipyards.
5. Creating a new viewing platform at the end of Contramoll Mollet street, activated by means of a Cafeteria-Restaurant and Assembly Hall programme that could be operated independently of the museum.